Gamification – a Winning LTD
(Learning, Training & Development) Strategy.
What is Gamification?
- Gamification is the introduction and integration of game mechanics and game logic in a non-game setting; it uses psychology to increase participation and motivation, drive higher employee engagement, and productivity and resulting in improved business performance – it is not simply adding a game to a learning intervention.
- Typical game elements include points, badges, leaderboards, progress bars, levels, or tiers, challenges, and status.
Why Adopt Gamification as a Training Strategy?
- Boosts motivation and engagement.
- Standardised assessments – transparency – no favouritism.
- Instant feedback.
- Increase in learning span.
- Reinforce learning.
- Increase in knowledge retention and recall.
- Enhance productivity.
- Freedom of self-paced learning.
- Ensure learner’s attention and engagement to training.
Micro-and Mobile Learning comes to the fore
- Due to increasing work pressure and cost, employers are finding it ever more difficult to release employees to attend full-time instructor-led training during working hours.
- Equally, with little time on hand, employees do not want a learning overdose and lengthy training sessions.
- Fortunately, micro-learning comes to the rescue. What is micro-learning? As the name suggests, it is short, focused learning catering to both formal and informal needs. It is specifically designed to cater to human attention spans and working memory capacity.